Monday, November 29, 2010

Mark O'Connell Reaches the North Pole

Day 1

I started my mission to the North Pole. I must wear very warm clothes because it is freezing cold in the North Pole. It is an amazing adventure which I won’t forget. I have struggled for an hour to get there but it seems like forever.

Day 2

As I set off again today I am quite frightened. It is very hard to see in front of me because of the thick snow that is falling. Along the way I met another explorer who was a cheerful person. He told funny stories. Suddenly he fell and injured his leg. However, he made a miraculous recovery and was able to continue his journey.

Day 3

I am over half way there and getting closer to my destination. My family are on my mind a lot and I am feeling very homesick but I really want to keep going to reach the North Pole. I am nearly there

Day 4

Today is the day that I reached the North Pole. It has been a memorable adventure/ it has also been an excellent experience for me. This I s a very historic occasion as I am the youngest Irish person ever to reach the North Pole